How can the Deaf-Blind Project assist Youth with Transition Planning?
Staff can assist the IEP team and/or family:
- Visualize and plan for a rich full day for the student with deaf-blindness as a young adult;
- Identify skills and activities that would help prepare the student for those goals;
- Construct the transition pages of the IEP to lead to these identified post school outcomes;
- Develop or identify quality, well-matched work experiences in school, or in the community and later plan for community-based employment; and
- Identify adult agencies that could assist with funding and/or providing adult services.